Friday, July 15, 2016

Indonesia

Next comes this Indonesian map card...that caught me totally off guard...


Seems that today was a day meant for surprises.
See, few months ago, the Indonesian post issued this amazing set of stamps for the Total Solar Eclipse that could be seen on March 08th/09th from parts of Indonesia including Sumatra, Borneo, and Sulawesi, and from locations in the Pacific Ocean. (now, how good is that, eh?!).

There were some offers for these stamps both on the forum and Facebook and I had really really wanted to receive them....and what's the problem now? The problem is that for the love of God, I cannot possibly recall if I had actually arranged something for these stamps or if dear Shinta sent me this card as a total surprise, knowing I have a soft spot for anything space related. In either case, it is absolutely embarrassing I must say being so out of space (no pun intended....)

So, while waiting for Shinta to solve my dilemma, I would like to think of this as a surprise...otherwise that would be one terrible episode of Ana being forgetful.





and ta-da! Here are the stamps!! Soo soo splendid!! *sigh* i honestly cannot believe I have received this...and another thing is...if you take a look at the cancellations, it gets extremely confusing!
So first is the pictorial postmark that dates back to February 23rd. Then, at the very right side, you can see a cancellation with the date of 28th of March, if I can read it correctly...and then between these two, there is another cancellation which says 1st of May....so what has actually happened here, I really have no idea...and well, no matter which one of these is true, this card has certainly travelled for a long long while...as if travelling from space :P

Well, Shinta, you have no idea how happy and thankful I am for this one! Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment