Sunday, March 29, 2015

Passau, Germany

My last post for today (yeah, sorry, but that would be it) shows two cards from the beautiful Passau in Germany...and both cards were received thanks to Martina!




First you have a gorgeous aerial view of the city of the three rivers because the Danube is joined at Passau by the Inn from the south and the Ilz from the north. Out of the 50,000 people who live here, around 11,000 are students so it must be all lively and nosy and cheerful to be around here :)




a nice German stamp issued this year, showing a view of the Baltic Sea and its Bodensee (or as they call it in English, Lake Constance).




On the second card you can see St Stephen's Cathedral, a baroque church dating back to 1688, that over time time has acquired the largest cathedral organ in the world (it has has 17,774 pipes and 233 registers).

I guess I should put it on my list of places to visit one day....



issued in 2013, commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Fehmarnsund Bridge.

So the time has come to part again...till next time....which I don't know when it's gonna be but for some reason I think I won't be able to post anything before Easter (Orthodox Easter), though I wish I could prove myself wrong.

Either way, stay well, and hope you are still taking a peek from time to time :)

Wishing you all a great week ahead and hopefully, nice spring days!

No comments:

Post a Comment