Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lago di Garda, Italy

then come the New Year holidays of this year...being the kind of person who absolutely hates having to celebrate the New Year's eve, I love it when I have the opportunity to go somewhere and be out of town during that NY Eve craziness..and here is something from this year's trip...well I am missing the first stop of the trip, which was Verona, so I will have to give you my impressions about it in some future update.
Our second stop, though very short, was Sirmione, at Lago di Garda. Couldn't see too much of it since it was already a bit dark when we arrived, but therefore I sent myself a  card which is a total contrast...I simply LOVED the colours on this one!



So, I can not actually tell you much about the place itself coz we didn't have the chance to see much, but it was nice to stroll around its cobbled streets, with dozens of cool shops...one thing I can say for sure is that the ice-cream was delicious...with the cone of ice cream in one hand, the pen in the other...leaning to a wall under some dim light, I was writing postcards and licking and sticking stamps...that was a TOTAL mess..I think that EACH of the card I sent from here has traces of chocolate ice cream on it...but that's what happens when your time is limited, yet you want to eat a huge ice cream and write postcards...you have to multi task somehow...and at least it was worth it...at least for the cards that arrived...
And the lake felt soooo tranquil....with lights twinkling on its other side...I love those moments!


cant brag about the variety of stamps though...but that was all they had...the definitive on the left is from a set of 3 issued in 2010, while the other one is a definitive issued in 2004


IT-62191

well I have also two other cards related to Lago di Garda that I have received so far, so I also decided to include such received cards in these updates as well...coz I do not really intend to again write about Lago di Garda soon...unless I go there again...and this is a good chance to actually have some cards see the light of the day instead infinitely waiting to be posted :)
The above card arrived as an official one back in 2009...and as you can see, the lake is all about boats obviously :)

On this card we have 3 stamps...2 more of the women definitives, these issued in 2002, while the stamp on the right was issued in 2009, showing the celebration of the Italian Newspaper "La Nazione" of Florence



and here I also have a map card of the lake..where you can see all the spots along its coast...however, I am not sure when exactly I received this card...I assume it was 2009, and I assume it was a swap...but this is the reason why I dislike swapping a bunch of blank cards in an envelope (and hence stopped doing it)...coz eventually I have absolutely no idea what the story behind the card is..and it all ends up feeling so meaningless...and while we are on the subject, I am not really fond of postcards showing one country mailed from another...just sayin' ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment