Monday, December 12, 2011

The Old KhamisMosque, Bahrain

4th December....the date of my last post....uhmm...could have sworn, I made an update just yesterday :)
Well, without further ado, let's see what do we have for today...and I cant help it but start with something I received recently...a new w/s country...:D :D :D


when someone from Bahrain asks you for a swap, you certainly can't say no, right? I mean, it would be silly to refuse such a proposal :P  So here it is, my first card from the Kingdom of Bahrain!! Yippie!!! :D

And it is a really great card, since the Khamis mosque is believed to have been the first mosque in Bahrain, built during the era of the Umayyad caliph Umar II, some say around 692 AD; some mention the 11th century as the time when its foundation has been established. The mosque has two identical minarets in the front and is also considered as one of the oldest relics of Islam in the region.



there are two stamps on the card...the right one is from a set of 16 stamps issued in 2002 portraying the King, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. The other stamp is said to be a charity stamp...Im not really sure what falls under 'charity' here...if someone's familiar with these Bahrain stamps, please tell me a bit more about them

No comments:

Post a Comment