Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Abu Dhabi, UAE

As announced, here is the UAE card I said i was gonna post....for the wrong reasons probably :)



Well, postcards should be posted due to what they represent and show to the viewer...but sometimes...more than often..I just want to deviate from all that....and as I already said, Im dedicating this card to Nadal's win of the Abu Dhabi tournament ten days ago. It was some sort of a mini tournament, I didnt even have a chance to watch it, but I was more than delighted to see him win the title. After a really odd year last season, winning the first place on ATP, than falling back second, with his knee problems and his tendinitis...and what I found out just recently, his parents' divorce..Nadal certainly had a tough year...and it was a quite disappointing one for his fans...esp. watch him at the end of the year lose all three matches in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals...so Rafa, winning a title after all that, was pure delight....so thats why I felt I needed to make a post related to it...and since I had this Abu Dhabi card, none other could have been more perfect.

here is a short preview of Rafa's final played against Soderling:



isnt he just adorable? :P :D

I just really hope i would have the chance to get to see more of Nadal in situations like this, this season.

And lest not forget the card coz it certainly is an amazing one.
It shows the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, which is one of the largest mosques in the world and can accommodate more than 30,000 worshipers.
On the inside it is filled with swarowski crystals and 24k gold....and if to some it looks familiar, the building was inspired by the palace in the Aladin cartoon.
Dont really remember Aladin so I cant confirm if this is true or no....



the stamp is from 2007 from an issue of 7 stamps from thr 5th definitive series.

No comments:

Post a Comment