Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brugge, Belgium (02)

last card for today, an official from Belgium...my ratio so far: 23-28...:P

BE- 20039

This here shows The Rozenhoedkaai (Quai of the Rosary) with the Belfry...reminds me somewhat of Venice, coz of the water around the buildings and people in the boats passing by.
From Rozenhoedkaai an exceptionally beautiful view is seen of the old houses bordering the canal, with the Belfry rising high above the rooftops in the background.
The sender says that the tower in the background is about 800 years old...

Definitely a nice place indeed....

5 comments:

Linn said...

Belgian people call Bruges the Venice of the North so I'm not surprised the card reminds you of Venice. ;-)

The historical centre of Bruges is indeed amazingly beautiful but always full of tourists.

Gone with postcrads said...

I also have a postcard of Brugge, totally the same with yours!

marsupial said...

I visited Brugge in May. Cute place.

Оксана said...

I've also been to Brugge (for several times) and I've taken a boat trip :) That was very interesting!

Ana said...

seems like everyone's been to Brugge, except me :P
Lucky you!!

Post a Comment