Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Young Reader,

Next is a beautiful official card I received from Finland showing a young girl surrounded by books...a scenario I would love to find myself in, just that I would probably find some more comfortable reading position - hers doesnt feel comfortable at all! And maybe if I was her age, I wouldnt mind it, but nowadays my back would certainly protest!



FI-3642418


Right now Im reading the adventures of Kurt Seyt and Murka, by Nermin Bezmen, which is a sequel of Kurt Seyt and Shura and as the titles suggest, talking about the love dramas of Seyt and these two women. 
Now the first book about Shura was so full of dynamics and unexpected turns of events, even though at times I felt a bit lost in the scenario, plus there was something irritating about the translation.
The book about Murka on the other kind might be ok with the translation, but also the whole story feels more flat and nothing feels exciting about it.. well at least not yet, but I somehow dont believe it will reach the level of the previous book.
it is said to be based on a true story and that these characters and their stories really existed.. but what's really interesting also is to read all these descriptions of places and events taking place during the early 20th century Russia and Turkey... 
I would recommend that you gave it a read, cos this wont be your typical sappy love story kinda book, but something more than that!


a nice winter greetings stamp from 2016. Too bad it wasnt cancelled but hey, still better than a pen scribble!

No comments:

Post a Comment