Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sapi Island, Malaysia

I received this card back in 2008 from dear Caroline...yeah, embarrassing on how many older cards there are that I have never posted...


This lovely card shows the Sapi Island...one of th five islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman Park...it is one of those paradise-looking places on Earth. Picturesque place with white sands and crystal clear water.

Have you started making holiday plans? Any particular places youd love to visit this summer? I have no idea about my summer schedule so I cant be making any plans holiday wise...though I really want + need to get away from here.... preferably somewhere rather solitary and isolated, yet, a place which would offer plenty of things to see and visit...you know, the Ibiza kind of holidays are not really for me :) So take me somewhere nice and peaceful please! And make sure there are postcards to buy and a Post Office to mail them at :)


Caroline used two stamps...maybe the bird stamp is something you are familiar with...it is from a set of 8 definitives issued in 2005...the other stamp however, is not something I usually see on cards from Malaysia, and it is a really nice one, so im happy to have it...it was issued in 2008 and comes from a set of 5 stamps regarding the National Angkasawan Programme...this programme is an initiative by the Malaysian government to send a Malay to the International Space Station on board Soyuz TMA-11   

No comments:

Post a Comment