Friday, March 29, 2019

Cyprus

Next is a surprise card from Andy and from his trip to Cyrpus earlier this year.




I dont receive cards from Cyprus that often, and the last one on the blog was published back in 2011, so yeah, a card from Cyrpus does deserve a spot today :)

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out where any of these places are... not that Cyprus is THAT big, but still :P




Funny thing about the postcards mailed from Cyrpus... I read somewhere recently that none of the postcards there have been postmarked, and even though my previous Cyprus cards prove that theory wrong, this card proves it right. So I dont know if it had become a habit in the last few years and in the end it is certainly better than a pen scribble, but still... it is a pity.

The stamp on the right is from a set of 6 Christmas stamps issued in 2017, and I guess the child here is writing to Santa.
The other one is a Cyprus Refugee stamp from 2018 (these have been issued since 1974)

Thank you Andy!!

2 comments:

Bryon D said...

Cyprus is a place I rarely see a card from. Beautiful scenes!

agi said...

Mislin da bi to moga biti Paphos :)

Post a Comment