Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hong Kong

For my final post today I decided to share with you two Hong Kong maps I received recently, both sent by Cally




I prefer this one a bit more to the other...it is more cartoonesque (but the other one has a bike on it on the other hand :))
The card says: "Hong Kong is located at the South China Sea coast. It is formed by Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories. Hong Kong became a colony of the British Empire after the first Opium War, and now is a Special Administrative Region. It has a reputation of the Pearl of the Orient, shopping paradise. (the map card is designed by www.lazygala.com and published by www.mumubooks.com)






two nice stamps, and a nice cancellation...the bird stamp was issued in 2006 in a set of 12....this birdy here is called Haliaeetus leucogaster. The other stamp was issued in 2014 in a set of 12 definitives portraying different landscapes in HK - this stamp here shows the Kang Lau Shek rock.





this map card was probably designed by some postcrosser, at least that's my impression (www.postcollectionhk.com)




here comes the birdy stamp again...and the newest Year of the Monkey one! You know, when Nalini posted something about the Year of the Monkey the other day, since she was born in the Year of the Monkey, it dawned on me that I am a monkey too! I totally overlooked it! And yeah, I know it is not really a big deal, but I remember well that during the previous Year of the Monkey I was all kinda excited about it (dont know why)...and now it didn't even cross my mind, even though there were so many people talking about the new lunar stamps mentioning the monkey so many times...but I was just clueless..I guess it comes with age :)))

well dear all, that would be all for today..hope you liked at least something....till next time, stay well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am the designer of the first card.
Just found this post and thanks for your sharing :)

Post a Comment