Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Alaska, USA

A lovely Alaskan surprise from my Seattleite enemy...and moreover, it is the Northern Lights!! Or as the back of the card says 'Curtains of purple, red and green Northern Lights dance above the forest'.





I think I've rambled before here about my fascination with Alaska....and it is still on my dream list of 'places to visit'....but sometimes I just fear it is gonna be left as a dream only because of all that bureaucracy crap called 'visas'...and to get a tourist visa for the USA is a serious challenge (same goes for the UK/Ireland)...they just think that everyone who asks for a visa has plans on permanently remaining there...while all I want is just to visit Alaska..but for that I need to go through a plethora of documents and procedures and guarantees...and what I've always found most ironic..in order to apply for such a visa, you need to show plane ticket reservations...but that is not guarantee they will grant you the visa...so a waste of like thousand of dollars...for nothing...I am really really frustrated with this limitation of my freedom to move around the world...It was way worse until like 6 years ago, when we needed a visa for like every single EU country...so yeah, it can always be worse..but then again, it can always be better...




And Bryon wouldnt be Bryon, if he didnt take good care of the stamps...and here we have a whole lovely set of four Coastal Birds postcard stamps -   the roseate spoonbill (Platalea ajaja), the red knot (Calidris canutus), the magnificent frigatebird (Fregata magnificens), king eider (Somateria spectabilis).

I am pretty sure this card has more stamps than required...I am being spoiled sometimes :)

Bryon, my mailbox is thankful for this Alaskan missile..just like its host, it loves Alaska a lot1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment