Monday, January 26, 2015

Bjelovar, Croatia

a lovely surprise card I received from Hrvoje and Ekaterina!





I have the impression that when it comes to Croatia, I'm more inclined to post something related to the coastline places or islands, and unintentionally ignoring the rest, which is neither fair neither I have some reason for it...so to make up for it, here is a card from the Croatian town of Bjelovar where you can see some images from a festival called Terezijana, organized each June in the memory of Maria Theresa (not Mother Theresa) who was the only female ruler of the Habsburg dominions and the last of the House of Habsburg and had been the sovereign of Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Bohemia, Mantua, Milan, Lodomeria and Galicia, the Austrian Netherlands and Parma.
She is said to have laid the foundations of the town of Bjelovar in 1756, thus this festival is being organized each year.





the two stamps are from set of four Ehtnographic heritage stamps  issued in 2010, where the regions of Primorje and Međumirje are represented.

thanks a lot to Hrvoje and Ekaterina for thinking of me and sending me this card :)

No comments:

Post a Comment