Sunday, August 31, 2014

Košice, Slovakia

mmmm, been a while since I've posted a Slovakian card, so here comes one...

I was supposed to go to an SOL seminar in Slovakia at the beginning of August...but obviously I didn't...giving myself a number of excuses...and now when I look back, none of them seems relevant...then a friend and I wanted to make a trip to Bratislava...but that failed as well...so for now, Slovakia and I are still not meant to meet...



the card isn't about Bratislava though, but it shows the Chess Square in Košice, the biggest town in eastern Slovakia...and I love it! And if I'm not mistaken, this is my only card from Košice so far so that makes me extra happy :D
Funny though, finding information on it was like a mission-impossible...to the point where I started wondering if the card really is from Košice, or I'm seeing things wrongly...and I still doubt the correct answer.....




the stamp got a bit torn during its journey...it is a definitive from a set of 11 stamps issued in 2009, representing the Cultural Heritage of Slovakia...if I got it right, this one shows the Premonstratensian Monastery of Virgin Mary in Bina.

No comments:

Post a Comment