Sunday, December 22, 2013

Stonewall Confederate Cemetery, USA

Last card for today comes from the USA...and it is cemetery...again...yay! =)



From the back of the card (one thing I love about US cards is that they often have some description/story about the card on the back): Winchester was a strategic military prize during the Civil War. With excellent roads to the north and the east, it was a serious threat to the supply lines of the Union armies when the Confederates took control. An estimated 3,000 Confederate troops are laid to rest here at Stonewall Confederate Cemetery.
Robin, who sent me this card for the North American RR, says that she also enjoys visiting cemeteries. It is nice to know I am not the only one who finds such places beautiful :)



Familiar stamp I guess :)

Wishing you all a great Sunday..and I guess most of you are having the last Christmas preparations as well. I doubt I'd be able to post in the next two days, so would like to use this opportunity to wish a Merry Christmas to all my readers who are celebrating it now in December :)

No comments:

Post a Comment