Saturday, February 25, 2012

Urdaneta, Philippines

Very cool card that arrived from the Philippines, showing a grain dealer at the Urdaneta Central Market (when one says dealer, it doesnt really have a nice connotation :D)


but the whole image and the colours on this card are just so nice! I just need to find out what grains we have here exactly!
Urdaneta is considered a 1st class city in the eastern part of the province of Pangasinan in Philippines.
Funny, but ive never heard before of a 1st class city (as if im on an airplane and can choose between first and economy class for example..). But from what I read, the cities in the Philippines are actually classified according to the average annual income based on the previous 3 calendar years and a first class city ha a PHP of 400 million or more

maths is not really my strong side, so all such BDP's, GDP's and similar stuff are not really my cup of tea...but still, this was an interesting thing to learn...

the stamp on the right was issued in 2011 in a set of 9 definitives representing marine life, while the other one is from a set of 40 birds' stamps issued in 2009.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I've been getting requests for the same postcard. I've searched 5 bookstores but I can no longer find it :(

Lufra@Leisure said...

Nice card!

Post a Comment