Friday, December 16, 2011

Oma, Norway

Here is something EXTREMELY beautiful!

and so soothing...as the card says, "the island of calm".....and who could oppose to that?
This small beauty with just several houses is the island of Oma situated in the Norwegian Hardangerfjorden, which is the third largest fjord in the world and the second largest in Norway (Sognefjorden is the largest...)
This is like an ideal place to live...as long as I have a boat for transport from and to the island...so far away from the every day stress and chaos...so much fresh air...and I would be able to grow my own fruits and vegetables....ok, depending how much this soil and weather conditions would  be supportive but something must be able to be harvested here.


as the cancellation says, a card I had received in 2009. the large stamp was issued in 2008 representing the New Opera House in Oslo...wow! To me it appeared more like an observatory in the Antarctic region!
The small stamp is a definitive but I cant tell from which year exactly it would be.

thanks a million to Sissel for this beauty of a card!

No comments:

Post a Comment