Monday, December 12, 2011

Malokarpatská vínna cesta, Slovakia

A card Janek sent me from his trip to Bratislava....


which got me to realize that I have no card from Bratislava in my collection...uhmm, so I am working on changing that....hopefully it will work out :)

This cute map card here says to be showing the Wine Route of the Small Carpathians....so a really nice card for all the wine lovers out there....you know who you are ;)
This route has been established to promote the small and medium size wineries from Bratislava to Trnava, which actually covers the southwestern wine region of the country.

Twice a year, in November and May, all winemakers along the route open their cellar doors to members of the public, who can learn more about the craft and sample the best wines from the previous season. (The May event gets its name from St. Urban, the patron of vineyard workers, whose feast day is May 25.) There are around 80 wineries participating in the wine route.

That is a lot of wine on the overall :) I am no wine expert but I like wine festivals....the last one I attended to some months ago was really fun...but of course, not only coz of the wine, but also coz of the fantastic company I had :)

Janek used the 2009 Europa stamp regarding astronomy.

thanks a lot Janek!

And wishing you all a great week ahead! Hopefully will see you again in a few days :)

1 comment:

Bryon D said...

What a fabulous postcard! Many wine producing areas of the world have similar "wine routes" and corresponding festivals like that, they are always wonderfully fun and it is always so interesting sampling local wines and cuisine, talking to the winemakers, and enjoying the company of good friends. I think I'll go pour a glass of rich red wine right now!

Post a Comment