Thursday, June 30, 2011

Saint Peter Port, Guernsey

Well, it's been some lousy day today...not that something in particular has gone wrong....it is one of those days when you feel this bad karma around you and you dont feel good about anything...so I need some cheering up...and posting some cards should help :)


and quite a card to kick off...my very very first card from this country which may bring question marks to some like, 'where on Earth is this?!'...well, i was ignorant about it until some years ago as well...but ive had my lesson portion so that nowadays I can actually brag about it :P
Well, first of all I would like to thank my dear Susan for this lovely splendid surprise and for thinking of me in the first place when visiting Guernsey (and Jersey too ;-)) She says that the flight from Jersey to Guernsey is 10 minutes only...now thats rather funny...coz it would take you more time to check-in, go on board, wait for the plane to take off than the actual flight...but i do agree it is worth it coz you can actually see the island from the air, and that is an opportunity one of a kind.

And the card is really lovely...said to represent the Fisherman's Quay....and I like the contrasts...you know, you have boats and small ships...resident buildings....and in the background you have castles (or cathedrals) lurking...or if im not mistaken, one of those might be Elizabeth's College, founded in 1563 under the orders of Queen Elizabeth I.

As for Guernsey (or Bailiwick of Guernsey)...since I havent introduced it to you before....it is a British Crown Dependency in the English Channel off the coast of Normandy. Although its defence is the responsibility of the United Kingdom, Guernsey is not part of the UK; and while it participates in the Common Travel Area, it is not part of the European Union.(which means I need a visa to get here....)


and here is the lovely stamp! One of the three EUROPA forest stamps issued this year...this stamp shows a hazelnut...mmmmm, hazelnuts....would love some right now!

Susan! You are just amazing!! Thanks a million dear!!!  

2 comments:

IvanWong said...

If I receive this gracious card,
i think I've got a big lottery :)

Postcards Crossing said...

I have a Guernsey postcard too! It was sent by my husband when he crossed the channel to France.
I can related to the bad feeling. It started last Sunday :[ and was feeling down all throughout this week.
Oh well, enjoy the rest of the week! Don't work too hard, amiga.

Post a Comment