Thursday, June 30, 2011

Grand Teton, USA

Here is a card which cracked me up in a way


well, there is nothing funny about the card....on the contrary...it is breathtaking...but in case Grand Teton doesnt ring you a bell, i will get down to it later.

The Grand Teton Nation Park is located in northwestern Wyoming, named for Grand Teton which is the tallest mountain in the Teton Range. Records indicate that the first humans arrived here more than 11,000 years ago. Quite hard for me to imagine how LONG ago actually that was....and one of the American tribes related to this place are the Shoshone people.

To be honest, there is just too much info around both for Grand Teton and the Shoshone...and I have difficulties in order to pick details coz they all seem interesting and somehow related to each other so you cant just omit something just like that..so in order to avoid a real 45-minute history/geography lesson, ill let you just enjoy the lovely view...


and here comes the 'funny' moment....Bryon knows that i sort of dread and cringe my teeth at this Grand Teton stamp coz it seems that the majority of my US mail arrives with it...but despite that, he had to send it to me along with a matching postcard....the outcome? A fantastic card and few minutes of laughter....really...I just love those kind of moments...coz I know they are never ill-intended...and having fun is one of the parts of postcard-sending i totally love....and this one really was...I even love the Grand Teton stamp for a change :)

So thank you Bryon...this has got to be one of my favourite postcard moments! :)

1 comment:

Bryon D said...

Ana, I'm glad you got a good laugh out of that one. :) I've been to Grand Teton and it's as beautiful as the card portrays. The mountains there are absolutely gorgeous. And for those visiting Yellowstone National Park, a visit to Grand Teton can be accomplished on the same trip as Yellowstone and Grand Teton are very close to each other.

Post a Comment