Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Well, without the real intention to make this update as such, here comes another great card I received as a surprise, this time from dear Sissel...uhmm, i sometimes wonder why i unconsciously end up making some sort of pattern when picking cards for an update


The back of the card says: The dynamic skyline of Kuala Lumpur affirms its position as the national capital of Malaysia.
And probably one of the most famous landmark of Kuala Lumpur, if not the most famous one, the Petronas Twin towers. Wrote about it here once which was my first ever card from Malaysia.
I dont know about then, but Petronas reminds me more of Sauber Petronas, than twin towers...I wonder if the name of the towers does come from the Malaysian Petronas indeed, since Petronas is actually a Malaysian-owned oil and gas company that was founded on August 17, 1974, wholly owned by the Government

If you take a closer look on this card, you will notice something which to me looks like a park and which i find amazing...offers hours and hours of fun and exploring.


again something to confuse me in the stamp part, more precisely the big cancellation....i have received it on several cards coming from Malaysia and still havent figured out its right purpose.
As for the stamp, it is a definitive issued in 2005 in a set of 8 stamps, depicting birds.

Thank you Sissel for all the times youve brightened up my mailbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment