Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Route 66, USA

Well, by just throwing a glimpse at this card, i can feel your teeth cringing...oh no, not another Route 66 card...not Depeche Mode again =|
I dont know whether i would have ever developed such an interest in Route 66 cards if it wasnt for Depeche Mode actually...
You want to hear the new chapter of my going-to-the-DM-concert-story?!
Well, my cousin mailed me, telling me that the tickets had arrived! She even took a picture of them, so that i can see them and that my heart can be still and that i can sleep peacfully at night (yeah, she actually used those words :))
But you know...the paranoid me..until i get the tickets in my hands...no no..until i actually get inside the venue and the concert starts and i AM present..i will have bits and pieces of paranoia...thats just me...i cant help it...and its not that far away anymore...two months...time flies so fast...its scary..

Well...DM released a new single from their upcoming album..and its freaking GREAT...believe it or not, i had over 100 plays in a row on my playlist...in total, i have 350 something plays...i think its the song i had had most on repeat...its just catchy and addictive and the lyrics are, oh so Martin Gore...and oh so real...and i just love that disharmonious psychodelic sound....really emphasizes the 'wrong-ness'...

DM performing at the Berlin Echo Awards in February, when this song was actually introduced for the first time..a great powerful DM performance...



the lyrics in between:

Wrong x 4

I was born with the wrong sign in the wrong house
with the wrong ascendancy
I took the wrong road that led to
the wrong tendencies
I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
On the wrong day of the wrong week
Used the wrong method with the wrong technique

Wrong x 2

There’s something wrong with me Chemically
Something wrong with me Inherently
The wrong mix in the wrong genes
I reached the wrong ends by the wrong means
It was the wrong plan in the wrong hands
The wrong theory for the wrong man
The wrong lies, on the wrong prize
The wrong questions with the wrong replies

Wrong x2

I was marching to the wrong drum with the wrong scum
pissing out the wrong energy
Using all the wrong lines and the wrong signs
with the wrong intensity
I was on the wrong page of the wrong book
With the wrong rendition of the wrong hook
Made the wrong move, every wrong night
With the wrong tune played till it sounded right yeah

Wrong x2

Too long ... Wrong x2

Too Long

I was born with the wrong sign
In the wrong house
With the wrong ascendancy
I took the wrong road
That led to the wrong tendencies
I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
On the wrong day of the wrong week
Used the wrong method with the wrong technique

Wrong

and the official video....hopefully the youtube guys will have some mercy and wont remove these....at least for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment