Saturday, October 18, 2008

Iceland

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! My First Icelandic card!!! And its a FLAG!!



Love it love it love it love it!! Absolutely love it!! Not because I love flag cards in the first place, but also because the Icelandic one has absolutely a beautiful combination of colours, plus Iceland is one of my very favourite countries, even though ive never been there....plus the card itself is sooo perfect, the flag covering it all....Thank You soo much Sabrina
If anyone from Iceland is reading this...here is a 'hint'....I would LOVE to have more and more cards from there....:)

and there is a really nice brief description about the flag on the back of the card:

The Icelandic Flag

The flag of Iceland was officially described in Law on June 17, 1944, the day Iceland became a republic. Describes of the Icelandic Flag as follows: The Civil National flag of Icelanders is blue as the sky with a snow-white cross, and a fiery-red cross inside the white cross.

and....hah...the same description is given in Icelandic as well (well, i guess its Icelandic, coz it makes mostsense to be like that, no? :) And I got tempted to put that down as well..dont ask me how I managed :P

Íslenski fáninn

Íslenski fáninn er þjóðfáni Íslands. Hann var opinberlega tekinn í notkun þann 17. júní1944. Fánalögin voru samþykkt sama dag, Fáninn er svokallaður krossfáni eins og fánar allra hinna Norðurlandanna. Hann er heiðblár með mjallhvítum krossi og eldrauðum krossi innan íhvíita krossinum.


Hehhe...I enjoyed this!!! I should do it more often! You can send me cards like this, written both in English and your mother tongue..its so fun to try to write the language I dont understand :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh here I see it <3 my card my card <333 makes me happy that you are soo excited about it <3

Post a Comment