Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saint Paul, USA

A nice night view of Minnesota's St.Paul

Got this card in the World Languages RR. Well, my sending partner was Russian, so I think she didnt have much trouble with the alphabet. BUT! My receiving partner was Japanese....and I was supposed to write a postcard in ORIGINAL Japanese characters...can you imagine?! Funny though, she perfectly understand what I wrote...though, if you are asking me, and if you give it to me to read it now, I would absolutely have no idea whats in there...but it was fun. Im anticipating the next round, wondering how lucky Ill be...I have a feeling ill get some odd language again :)

Apart from the Freedom Bell stamp, there is another nice one issued in 2009, commemorating Kwanzaa (which is observed from December 26 to January 1 every year).

Unfortunately, there is also one of those postal stickers, since the postage on the stamps wasnt enough, so they had to compensate the 10c like this =/

No comments:

Post a Comment