A new map card in my collection!!! Yippieee!!!!
I have to say that Yvonne has been sending me a bunch of great cards...and some more are coming as well! Thanks Yvonne!!!!
So...while wondering what to put and searching for info, i came across something fun and interesting and i thought to myself that it would be right to share it with you...and get a bit away from the conventional kind of posts when these kind of cards come in the way....so here we go:
10 Things You Didn't Know About New Jersey
* The first organized baseball game was played in Hoboken, NJ
* New Jersey’s State House is the second oldest still in use. (Maryland has the oldest.)
* New Jersey was known as the "Pathway of the Revolution." Over 100 battles were fought on New Jersey soil.
* New Jersey has more horses per square mile than any other state. The United States Equestrian Team is headquartered in Gladstone , NJ.
* The properties in the United States version of the board game Monopoly are named after the streets of Atlantic City.
* The first state to sign the Bill of Rights.
* New Jersey is one of only two states (along with Oregon) where self-service filling of gasoline is prohibited.
* The first professional basketball game was played in Trenton, NJ in 1896.
New Jersey has 127 miles of coastline on the Atlantic Ocean.
* New Jersey is home to more than 9,800 farms covering 790,000 acres of farmland.
well, personally, i definitely had no idea about one of these things...so..you live, you learn ;)