Monday, December 9, 2019

Jal Mahal, India

When going through my cards and trying to make a choice of what to post today, more often than not I was like, oh have I really received this, this year?? At times it feels like it is something from ages ago... or it might be cos this year has been as it has been and I have some distorted sense of time....





I dont know about you, but whenever I see this card I read Taj Mahal :D And actually back when I swapped for it, I was ready to argue, but this is not Taj Mahal,  and I have more than enough view cards from there anyway! Good that I took a better look before I spoke (cos something looked odd about the Taj Mahal) and I spared myself the embarrassment, haha...

Jal Mahal (which is said to mean Water Palace) is a palace in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake in Jaipur city, and the way it is secluded in the middle of the lake is what makes it so appealing to me and maybe even more beautiful than Taj Mahal and for sure less touristy.



the big stamp on the right is from 2018 from a set of 3, commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the First Flag Hoisting at Port Blair. The Yoga definitive next to it was issued in 2016, while on the left side, that guy in black and white is from a set of 16 definitives issued in 2016, showing Makers of India and this one is Bal Gangadhar Tilak, 1856-1920, who was an Indian nationalist, teacher, and an independence activist

Thanks to Thomas for this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment