Saturday, April 7, 2018

Amour

Well today is kind of a themed day with no viewcards, but related to some cultural stuff, if I may put it that way and I wanted to share with you some stuff or better say people I admire or like or appreciate in any sense and next up on the list is a movie by one of my favourite directors, that is Michael Haneke




An Austrian guy whose movies are not that light and often weird and explicit whose work often examines social issues, and depicts the feelings of estrangement experienced by individuals in modern society. I cannot say I have a favourite Haneke film, I have liked all the ones I have seen so far (and I think I've seen like 90% of his work). Some I like more, cos they are more dramatic usually (like Funny Games (the Austrian, NOT the US version) or Benny's Video , some are not THAT dramatic, like The White Ribbon or his latest, Happy End but none of  them leave you indifferent.
And some years ago I received this card for his film Amour, another great movie by Haneke which I watched just like a year ago but which really swept me away... cos it was just so relatable. I won't be giving out any spoilers, but this movie just reminded me of my grandmother cos it made me realize all the things I could have done for her while she was bed-ridden but still alive, but I didn't... and it all got me really really sad and depressed, questioning myself why I took things for granted, why hadn't I thought of doing this or that, did it all mean I didn't care enough for her and I was just selfish, trying to stay away from the entire situation cos I thought I couldn't do anything, while I actually could?





Not to this day have I found an answer to these questions, but it is unfortunately true that we often don't see things in this light while people are still alive, and once we do when they are gone, it is just too late...and if there is something true about me is what has been said in this video...and I've been trying to work on it, but for some reason, it hasn't been going that well... why, I really don't know.
Do you find yourself in the same position or you handle these relationships the way they should be handled?
Btw, Anna Akana is one of my favourite public figures, since she is really harismatic, funny, and most of all, I often relate to the things she talks about and puts them in perspective for me, and you know, often it is easier to deal with issues when somehow someone else puts it in words like this.

Totally unplanned, but I am really glad this post ended up being done just for my grandmother's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment