Monday, July 11, 2016

Kiruna, Sweden

Next we will pay a short visit to the northernmost town in Sweden and that is Kiruna.



I guess that due to the lack of snow, the picture here was taken sometime during the summer period.
Due to its position north of the Arctic Circle the city experiences both midnight sun and polar night throughout the year as well as a very cold climate by Scandinavian standards.

I wish there was something by Scandinavian standards regarding OUR weather right now...



two nice stamps - the long one on the right was issued in 2010 - it comes fro a set of 5 stamps representing Swedish castles and if my shortsightedness hasn't deceived me, then here you can see the Vadstena castle. The windmill stamp was issued in 2011, representing renewable energy.

Thanks a bunch to my Sissel fairy for this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment