Sunday, March 13, 2016

Ravensburg, Germany

Next is an official card I received recently, to which my initial reaction was, oh wait, is this THE Ravensburg, where they make those most awesome Ravensburger jigsaw puzzles???? And yep, that is the one :)




DE-4986147

I love jigsaw puzzles!! When I was little, my mum often bought me some from this bookstore (which eventually closed unfortunately), but going to that bookstore to buy a book or a puzzle is like one of my fondest childhood memories. Ok, those jigsaw puzzles back then were not by Ravensburger but by UNICEF, and I was so surprised that I came across some of these on google...oh my what memories....this is exactly one of the puzzles I used to have, just to show you an example!!




I could spend hours and hours solving these in my own world....and the money went for a good cause too...
Ok, i know this was supposed to be about Ravensburg, not UNICEF, but I just couldn't help it, had to share this....you just have no idea how much I loved this part of my childhood! And remembering all this makes me both so happy and so sad at the same time...if that makes any sense...

As for Ravensburg, it is locate in Southern Germany and was first mentioned in 1088 and in the Middle Ages, it was an Imperial Free City and an important trading centre. The historic town centre is still very much intact, including three town gates and over 10 towers of the medieval fortification.
Looks like a nice place to visit.....




as for the stamps - here we have the famous Tulip...and a really nice car stamp issued this year in a set of two Classic Cars' stamps, with this one showing Porsche 911 Targa

No comments:

Post a Comment