Sunday, September 21, 2014

Strokkur, Iceland

The magnificent Iceland!! And a stunning card received from Alvin's trip there! Awesome surprise from him as always!!!




This is Strokkur - the junior geyser that erupts approximately every 5-6 minutes. The area surrounding Strokkur is rich with many smaller bubbling hot springs as well as the great Geyser. Geothermal activity in the area has increased since an earthquake shook the south of Iceland in the summer of 2000.

The glimpse of the sun in the background just adds to the spectacularity of the view! Love it!



Alvin apologizes for the ugly stamp...but actually I think it is not a bad one at all...plus definitely nicer than the usual stamps I stumble upon when I go on trips...issued in 2012 in a set of 2 stamps from the EUROPA series of "Visit Iceland"...well, I really hope I will one day...I really do!

Thank you so much Alvin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment