Monday, January 20, 2014

Alcobaça, Portugal

And life goes on...with a bunch of more great cards to show!


I received this one for the vacation RR this Saturday as well...showing the Alcobaça Monastery...in Alcobaça, of course, in central Portugal.
The church and monastery were the first Gothic buildings in Portugal, and, together with the Monastery of Santa Cruz in Coimbra, it was one of the most important of the mediaeval monasteries in Portugal. Due to its artistic and historical importance, it was listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1989.
It is considered as one of the most magnificent gothic monuments in the country. In the church are the tombs of Pedro I of Portugal and his murdered mistress Inês de Castro. Over the centuries this monastery played an important role in shaping Portuguese culture.


the stamp is from a set of 3 Education stamps issued in 2013. It is supposed to represent School Mail.


And I have this other card showing a part of the Alcobaça Monastery, that I received back in 2009...it was sent blank inside an envelope with a bunch of other cards...when I still didn't care too much if I received one written and stamped or a dozen in an envelope...now it is strictly written and stamped..I more care about quality than quantity..I dont need to just pile up cards which do not have the traces and feeling of having travelled...I think you know what I mean ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment