Sunday, May 15, 2011

Alaska, USA

well, ill finish this update today with one fantastic card....an Auroras card coming from my beloved Alaska!!


as the back of the card says: "the moon shines down on the Arctic Ocean with Alaska's Northern Lights".
Ive had this card in my favourites for a long while... I couldnt believe it when I found it in my mailbox! What a fantastic surprise from Bryon...who really is generous with sending cards when travelling...thanks so much to him for all the lovely surprises that have arrived in my mailbox lately...and for choosing such awesome cards and stamps for me!

And just take a look at the stamps on this card!! (Im referring to the Auroras' stamps :))

I still miss an Aurora Australis postcard in my collection, but for starters I have a stamp of it...these two beauties were issued in 2007 as a part of the International Polar Year mini sheet. LOVELY!!
You are familiar with the lamp and the clock...while the red stamp is a circus wagon issued in 1995.

Have a great week ahead everyone...and wish me luck with mine...im gonna need it....

1 comment:

Bryon D said...

Ana, Thanks for posting this postcard! I love Alaska and am lucky to travel there once a year. It's about a 3 1/2 hour flight from Seattle to Anchorage and it's one flight I enjoy an aisle seat to see the breathtaking views out the airplane window. The icebergs, glaciers, and mountains are stunningly beautiful!

Post a Comment