Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ooty, India

A FANTASTIC official card I received last year....plus it is my only official card from India so far.

IN-15325

The card shows a train running through Ooty, the "Queen of hill stations" and the capital of Nilgiris district. It is one of the most popular tourist resorts in India. Nilgiris means "Blue Mountains". The mountain train journey on a ratchet and pinion track is just another of the tourist attractions. (If I ever go to India, I definitely must put this on the agenda).

This card reminds me of the "Slumdog Millionaire" movie....or maybe the movie reminded me of the card, I dont know....but anyways...in the movie, there are certain events which revolve around a train station (in Mumbai I think), and also a length of train journeys, where there was a train EXACTLY like this on the card...so ok, I guess it was the movie which reminded me I have this card after all.
If you hadnt seen it so far, I highly recommend it...a beautiful and very touching one, with amazing haunting music which I think has been perfectly associated with the movie's actions and events...

here is the official trailer for the movie...




and some train-related scenes of course :P Sorry, but I couldnt help it :)





the bottom line is, WATCH the movie...



The stamp on the right is from a set of 3 definitives issued in 2008, while the otter stamp is another definitive issued in 2000.  

No comments:

Post a Comment