Friday, April 17, 2009

When cats and dogs get together...on a Postcard Friendship Friday

Its always fun to hear how some people claim that certain kinds of friendship just CAN'T exist...probably often based on some sort of prejudices or just personal experience. But I always want to prove such theories wrong...friendship can exist in any kind of a form, shape, relation, devotion....it just takes a desire and a good heart and the ability to escape from narrow-mindedness...and observe the world and things around you with no rejection and be open to all new and old experiences.....and give things a chance...at least once...or twice...or if you think they deserve it, endless number of times...
The cat and dog friendship is something which has often been analyzed and narrated and pointed out as something which doesnt really exist since dogs always chase cats, cats fear dogs (esp. when they bark) and they just simply cant stand each other....but a look on a cat and dog together makes my heart melt...I had seen real such examples, and here is a card which i love from the bottom of my heart, which gives such a warm and kind atmosphere....
When i found this card in my mailbox, i had one of my 'tears got into my eyes' reactins...but i think that my mum reacted even 'worse'! She said she wanted to have this card zoomed, framed and put in the living room! Yeah, you read it right...and those words came out from my mum's mouth, not mine...
The main reason why we both so much love this card is coz the cats are as the same breed as mine...while the dog is of the same breed as the one  i used to have....so this is some sort of heavenly combination...and apart from being cute, it has a much deeper emotional value to me.
And then again...just take a look at how that kitty is sniffing the dog, or maybe giving him a friendly kiss...i dont know...but that scene is just overwhelming me. And for the millionth time makes me wanna get a Collie and try to befriend it with my cat....my cat has had his times when he was sitting next to a dog...most probably coz he thought that if he tries to run away the dog will go after him and eat him alive...but you could feel that he was all unnerved and as if lying on needles...

and now shoo shoo shooo....go over to Marie's at her PFF and see whats going on there.....unless its from there how you had come here :P

8 comments:

Pamposh Dhar said...

What a lovely card!

Marie Reed said...

That is so warm and fuzzy cute! Cats and hamsters don't get along. I found my cat IN the hamster cage yesterday. I don't know how the heck he got in open! Thank goodness my hamster didn't get goobled up. She was hiding in a little plastic house!

MuseSwings said...

How cut is that! Just goes to show you anyone can get along if they just chill out for a moment to say cheese. Cheese! Happy PFF

Aimee said...

How cute! I think the kitty is giving the dog a little kiss!

Postcardy said...

That is a pretty card and I especially like brown tabbies because I have two.

steviewren said...

I can see why you and your Mum would have such a strong reaction to this card since you've had the same breed of pets. They are awfully sweet in the picture.

Sreisaat said...

Hi Ana... this definitely one of those "awwww" moments. I can understand why you and your Mum felt a tug in your hearts. Any pet-owners would feel the same. I would, too. Excellent post for this week's PFF. Glad you joined :)


Postcards Crossing

Eddy said...

Oh ! fine this dog with friends "CATS"...very pretty postcard.
happy PFF

Post a Comment