Friday, October 17, 2008

Kimi Räikkönen

Well, another post for a reason today, without any actual postcards...to bad that such two different reasons had to follow one after another...


Today is 17th October...and, I want to use this cance to FINALLY post this, in honour of Kimi Raikkonen's birthday...yup, the Iceman turns 29 today :))
This is my first ever received FDC as well...I dont collect FDC's nor stamps, but for this one I had a special hunt in order to get them and thanks to two lovely ladies, I got both the FDC, which I feature today, and the stamps on an actual postcard, which im probably gonna feature tomorrow...I dont want to put the stamps today, separately from the card...coz they simply belong together.
I received the FDC cover thanks to Essi, who was so kind to help me with this, and ordered the FDC for me and sent it to me...you know, Ive seen FDC's on other blogs...but since ive never actually had one, i had no idea how it actually should exactly look like...yup, shame on my ignorance...but now i know :)  I truly hope there will be some other occasions for me to request another FDC...and feature it here for a reason...
The offical site of the Finnish postal service, says : "In honour of Finnish driver Kimi Räikkönen´s Formula One championship in 2007, a two-stamp miniature sheet is to be issued."
Too bad that he missed the chance to claim the championship title this year as well...the stars just dont collide for him sometimes...he either has an uncompetitive car, something goes wrong with it, there is no consistency...or he simply gets hit by a wackoo as Luis Hamilton, while waiting on the red-light to exit the pit lane...I mean really...Raikkonen and Heidfield were waiting next to one another at the exit of the pit lane, coz he red light was on...the race was a mess, the SC was out...and while they were waiting, the Hamilton guy exited from his garage and didnt notice the red light was on, so he couldnt stop on time, and thats why he HAD to hit Raikkonen;s car?!! POR FAVOR!! Should I mention that while he was driving, he was actually behind Heidfield's car??? So how come he didnt hit Heidfield then, but had to actually turn the steering, and crash into Raikkonen??!! I think that, thats the race when things simply went downhill for Kimi...

Why I support him so devotedly you may ask (it is a devoted support, since ive been doing it since 2002....regardless the team he is driving for...he can go to Super Auguri if he wants, id still cheer for Kimi :)))
I dont know why...the guy is just pretty down to earth...way too cool (or as they call him, cold as ice)...he is a really good driver...and he has some inner thing in him, some kind of competitive force that i love...and well, he is Finnish...and you know by now that I have a soft spot for Finland...well, northern Europe in general...before 2002, even though I didnt follow F1, i supported Mika Hakkinen...so, its all in the "Finnish" thing...what I hate is when people think I support/cherish people coz of their physical appearance....HELL they are wrong...frankly, I dont have such an itch for people i personally dont know...I may say that someone has great charisma (as for example, Brian Molko does...or Morten Hartket...and Rafael Nadal...) but I never support them coz i have a crush on them or would want something with them, or whatever.....thats just non-sense....but oh well...thats people, and thats mentality, so I cant help them with it...
What I also hate is that Raikkonen is often associated with rude behaviour....which is just media propaganda, who love to apply it to him coz they think its just normal that a cold person as he is, behaves like that
For facts and stuff you can just visit the following pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_R%C3%A4ikk%C3%B6nen

http://www.kimiraikkonen.com/


Here are some highlights...both from his carrer in Ferrari and McLaren....or just outside the tracks


A commercial about Fiat, featuring both Kimi and Michael Schumacher.....huh, ive never liked the latter




A Nescafe commercial....uhhh, I  LOVE this one!! It features coffee!! Delicious coffee!!!



this one is simply called as "Kimi drunk".....but he aint drunk...he just lost balance...so deal with it :)




An Incident in Valencia...one of the famous Ferrari moments, when the driver starts while the fuel hose is still inside....they switched to the lollipop method as everyone else



The last moments of the Brazilian race in 2007 when Raikkonen won the championship.....hahahaha, that was one of the best races ever! He simply ruined Hamilton;s plans at the very very last race
The commentator speaks either Chinese or Japanese...have no idea...I dont understand a single thing of what he says!!



A Mercedes-Benz commercial...Ive always found it funny due to Kimi's way of communication in it :))




Where he allegedly hit the little girl...I the the whole fault lies in the mother here for neglecting her child and running after an autograph...Kimi did NOTHING on purpose here....he may get pissed off, but frankly, he'd never hit a child




This is how Kimi ended in Singapore....something over my heart ached



and another heart-breaking crash in Nurburgring, in 2005...when just before the end of the race, his tyre just couldnt put up with the pressure anymore, and finally gave off...I admire him for continuing the race, even though he was aware his tyre was in trouble and couldve exploded as well...he was leading the race, and scored no points eventually...Alonso came first...



ok...i think you've had it enough :)

Happy Birthday Kimi boy...and get some grip!!! I expect that the next season is all yours, got it? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"what I hate is when people think I support/cherish people coz of their physical appearance...I may say that someone has great charisma (as for example, Brian Molko does...or Morten Hartket...and Rafael Nadal...) but I never support them coz i have a crush on them or would want something with them, or whatever.....thats just non-sense"

I think this is a very wise and rational way of thinking...it is good to read this, when so many people seem to love a celebrity purely for their looks (and then act jealous toward their dates and wives). I try to conduct msyelf this way as well. ^_^

Post a Comment