Sunday, September 7, 2008

Atlanta, USA

A really nice night view of Atlanta...

US-243745

The back of the card says: As the sun goes down, the lights come on in Georgia.

Atlanta is the capital and most populous city in the state of Georgia and the core city of the ninth most populous metropolitan area in the United States.
The sender of the card says that there is always something going on in Atlanta at any time of day and night, and that she still hasnt managed to do it all.
There are many things why Atlanta is famous for, and one of them is Coca Cola, since its headquarters are situated there.
Well, I dont know about you, but personally im not a fan of Coke or any similar beverages...I used to drink a lot of Sprite...but eventually stopped...first of all it aint healthy, it has a huge amount of calories and it just makes me feel as if i had a bunch of stones in my stomach.
I may only drink that if im extremely thirsty and if there is nothing else available to quench my thirst.

3 comments:

marsupial said...

The caption "As the sun goes down, the lights come on in Georgia" instantly made me think of the song "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia." It would be interesting to know if the caption was inspired by the song, which is about an innocent man being executed for the murder of his friend, who had been having an affair with the man's wife. It's a spooky song, but good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_the_Lights_Went_Out_in_Georgia

Ana said...

Unfortunately, the card doesnt say about the origin of the caption and if it was inspired by the song...it would be interesting if that was the case.

I have just listened to the song and read the article behind that event...thanks for sharing and pointing this out...i always love getting any kind of additional information related to the postcards I have! Thanks! :)

btw...it is a good song...melancholic, but i like it :)

Gabby Girl said...

I was born in Georgia!

Post a Comment