Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lapland, Finland

The second card from the private swap with Maffe.


And this time she decided to send me a card completely opposite from the other one, that is, to show me Finland in winter, and she chose to send me Lapland!! She couldnt have made a better choice :) Heyyy!! Its Lapland!! Santa Clause's home!!!
I love cards which awake the child in me. Many will probably see this as another Finnish card full of snow but to me its also a card which shows Santa's home! (lets not go into the issue about Santa's existence, please! :)))

The Province of Lapland is the home of about 3.6% of the Finnish population, and is by far the least densely populated area in the country. The biggest towns in the Finnish Lapland are Rovaniemi (the province capital), Kemi and Tornio.

I have to say that I also love snowy postcards, since i absolutely LOVE snow. Too bad we havent had a decent snow here in a long time, well at least not in my town, and i havent had much of a chance in the last years to go to one of the mountains here where there was snow during winter.
But just look at that endless snowy view on the card....ahh, i love it!!


Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo! I would by that as a postcard no doubt.

Post a Comment