Saturday, March 5, 2016

Kuşadasi,Turkey

So summer time came...and Marija, Sašo and I thought of going somewhere...and our first idea was actually Romania, but that kinda turned out complicated to be organized, since we had to do the entire organization ourselves...and then as a second best option, but which I think turned out perfect, was Turkey (and my FIRST time in Turkey!! Yay!!!). We found this cheap offer through the travel agent's (by bus again, of course) and we set out on the long journey to Kuşadasi....I don't mind long journeys, but with this one I almost lost my sanity....cos of the two families who decided to go as well, with their small little children, age btw 2-5.....it was a brain-torture, and no I am not overreacting...and we had the luck to be sitting like just across them...one of them was like constantly crying...the other one was constantly just talking some gibberish (something of this type 'dad!' 'what?' 'dad!' 'what?!' 'dad!' 'what?' 'dad!' 'what?!' 'dad!' 'what?' 'dad!' 'what?!' 'dad!' 'what?' 'dad!' 'what?!'
no actual conversation, just playing tennis with words...and the  third one kept either talking or playing games on her iPad, with the volume as loud as possible, and would start objecting each time some of her folks would try to turn it down...after which she immediately would turn it up....and it all went on and on...and just when we kinda fell asleep, the father for some reason didn't feel like sleeping, so he was just like standing above our heads, talking to his wife, or whatever she was, who was sitting two seats ahead...I mean, Jesus!!!  What a f***ing way to start it all...instead of feeling relaxed since, we are going on holiday, right? They managed to stress me out to an enormous extent! Arghhhhh!!!

So finally we arrived..got to the hotel...and with our luck, turns out that they had to move us to another one since there was some technical problem with our room??!! But on this I'm not gonna complain since we went to a better one..well at least it was more spacious...the fact that there was no cleaning lady or change of sheets or anything for 10 days, that is a different story :)





Now, I think I won't be making a long post here, since even though we stayed for like 10 days, half of the time we traveled some place else, so I will talk of that in some future post (no cards sent from the other places btw, so I will have to manage with something received).
Speaking of postcards, no great choice in Kuşadasi frankly...I expected more...but tried from the not so good selection to choose the better ones...and here is part of it (this corner was like our resting place on the way back to the hotel, since all the time you are like going uphill and eventually it starts getting tiring..)




funny thing, there is no Post Office...the one that was marked on the map was actually non-existent (closed some time ago)...no mailboxes in street...so all the mail goes to this mailbox in front of this shop....and you just wonder if this thing is actually working or all your cards will go in vain...and funny though, it was working!  Took a while for the cards to arrive, but at least most of them have arrived...
So this is the place where the fate of all cards is decided....had to be documented




As for Kuşadasi itself..well it is mainly a touristic spot....not much to see...and this place we wanted to see, was like closed for the public....but thing is, it is by the sea...and when I am by the sea, I am like a completely different person....I feel like newborn...so in general, I don't need much else but the sea and the sunshine...and just hoping for a not-so-crowded-yet-clean beach :)

chillin' out...




being foolish....



what I loved about one of the beaches was that they had this small library! And I did well the first day..but during the next ones I could barely concentrate and would like immediately fall asleep right there on the beach bed...


another thing you will often come across are things like this....



....and the greatest choice of fake Converse you could ever imagine...where a pair costs like 7 euros (I ended up buying 4 different ones with these being my absolute favourite - these were actually a love at first sight! )




if you are a cat lover (like me), then youd enjoy the fact that wherever you go, there would be some stray cats (sad for them though...I remember on our first morning while having breakfast at the terrace, we witnessed this dog almost killing one of those poor stray cats since it dared to step onto his territory)

                                                                           this one is at the exchange office....





I must mention the Turkish cuisine, that I absolutely love! LOVE!! Esp all kinds of Gözleme (the one with Tahini is heavenly!) + Ayran!!




And the drink that rules, Yeni Raki :)



just that it is insanely expensive in Turkey...5 euros for a glass...here in Skopje I have it for 1.5 euros....but every pleasure has its price...

and ok, I seem to have talked way too long again...we were lucky a day or two before we left, there was this street market in the vicinity of our hotel...and boy do I love street markets! We bought some fruits, that eventually we didn't eat...not because we didn't like them, but because it was too much at the moment and there was no fridge in the room, so you get it...






*bonus picture - Marija had her birthday while we were there, so we went to this bar chosen at random...and before we knew it, we realized we had a stripper for free.....:P







the thing about the stamps is that they will charge you differently at different places...for the EXACT same stamps, and always MORE than the actual value...but it is just impossible to debate about it, since they like don't understand English or pretend not to understand English, so it is like 'take it or leave it'....

the stamp on the left is from 2010, from a set of four definitives featuring Ataturk. The other one was issued in 2012 in a set of 8 Tourism stamps - this one features Izmir, and that is one of the places we went to, but for that story in some other update :)

ok, just one more post...which blogger just doesnt want to put it on the same page...I really need to change something about this template...it has been misbehaving for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment