Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mexico

A card from the so much spoken Mexico on this blog....this lovely surprise was sent by dear Rosa, back in 2009.

the card is said to show a parade with women of different states of the country in their traditional outfits. Well, Mexican outfits are rather lovely...so vibrant.
Speaking of surprises and postcards....this past week I was out of town, travelled around Macedonia, but to my great disappointment, no postcards were found....mainly due to the lack of time to actually look for them...or due to the fact that when I had the time, everything was closed. In the city of Strumica (located in the south-eastern part of Macedonia) I came across a souvenir shop, and from what I could see through the windows, there was something that looked like postcards, but unfortunately, being 10 pm, it was, of course, closed. Maybe I wouldnt have been able to send cards directly from there, but I really wanted to get something different in my stocks of cards.....but well, maybe next time Ill be more lucky and will have more time for that...

the card bears a label instead of a stamp....and what makes me glad about it is that it bears the name of Macedonia, next to the ISO Country code..... I was quite saddened lately to see that at the postcrossing spotlight, some people had to jump in and complain that it is not Macedonia but FYROM and blah blah blah...I mean, c'mon people, it is just sooo tiring to argue about this...let me at least enjoy in my one and only PC interview, dont ruin it.....and just to point it out, no FYROM or anti-Macedonian posts will be tolerated here....

thanks a lot to dear Rosa for the lovely card here! 

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Ha, I got rudely attacked on facebook when I commented there! A Japanese postcrosser sent a card to Macedonia and a Greek girl felt the need to post that the card is not going to Macedonia but to Greece because Macedonia was a part of Greece and not the Republic of Macedonia. So I felt that I had to tell this Japanese postcrosser about this dispute and assured her that Macedonia is indeed a country, a real country that is recognized by all the other States, well except some Greek people perhaps. And then the attack started and she became really rude how I was completely crazy and had no idea what I was talking about, that I was completely dumb for saying that Macedonia is a country and so on! It was really weird. Then another postcrosser also commented and he shared my opinion. The result was of course that he got attacked, too! the nerve of some people...

Marcie said...

Hi, I have already posted but that was before blogger had its down time and all the comments were eaten by the blog monster...
I just wanted to tell you that I got attacked by a fellow postcrosser on facebook regarding the Republic of Macedonia. A Japanese girl posted she is writing a card to Macedonia. A Greek postcrosser answered that there is no country Macedonia, but Macedonia is a part of Greece. I felt the need to tell the Japanese girl that there is indeed a country with the name Macedonia and that it is located on the Balkan. I also told her that there is an ongoing dispute and even posted the link to the wikipedia atricle concerning this dispute. Then the attack started on how I was completely dumb to tell such a lie, that I had no idea what I was talking about bla bla bla... I then told her that maybe she should first think and then post her dumb opinion...well, let's just say it kind of escalated and I ended up writing a message to the Japanese girl explaining the dispute from a neutral perspective... Oh how I hate it when people bring politics into postcrossing. Btw, in German it is easy. The Greek part is called Makedonien and your country is Mazedonien :)
Sorry for posting this looooong comment, but I could not express it in fewer words :)

Ana said...

I read the comment when you posted it but couldnt reply immediately..and then today I was about to reply and the comment was missing, so i was rather puzzled :)

I wanted to actually ask if this happened at one of the PC groups or? is the Japanese someone I know? Im curious if that 'notorious' card was intended for me and just wanted to take a peek at the conversation ....honestly, im really tired of that attitude when wanting to tell others that Macedonia is not a country and blah blah blah...i mean, despite im directly involved in the issue, ive never been rude or arrogant to anyone...it is really saddening me, this whole thing...

well, this guy has a lot to say about this...he is neither Macedonian nor Greek, so he is not biased

http://greatersurbiton.wordpress.com/category/macedonia/

and thank you very much for standing up for me!! It really means a lot to me! And sorry that you had to undergo a verbal attack coz of that. =/ Big hug to you! <3

Marcie said...

That happened on facebook, kyoto384 was the sender, but I can't remember who commented, just that it was a Greek girl...Funny that my original post showed up again...some of the comments in my own blog vanished too, I have to look if they re appeared! Hugs back and I'm here anytime to stand up :D

Post a Comment