Friday, September 24, 2010

Cappadocia, Turkey

A Fantastic card I got from the Turkish Postcrossing meeting in June, which among else was signed by two very dear people of mine, Pinar and Leslie.

And they sent me a great UNESCO card, showing Cappadocia, which is a region in Central Turkey in the Göreme valley. The name was traditionally used in Christian sources throughout history and is still widely used as an international tourism concept to define a region of exceptional natural wonders, in particular characterized by fairy chimneys and a unique historical and cultural heritage.


and just please take a look at these very very very special stamps chosen just for me! Trains!! The comprise a set of stamps issued in 2006 regarding the 150th Anniversary of Turkish Railways.

Thank you sooooooo much my dear ladies for this fantastic card and thanks to everyone else who had attended the meeting and signed it as well! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment