Saturday, August 15, 2009

Коčani, Macedonia

You cant possibly imagine my reaction when i found this in my mailbox some days ago....yeah, its not a bought card, but a sent one...from my own country!

The thing with Macedonia is that the places where a friend can send you a card from is most probably Ohrid...as for the others its like a real rarity, so receiving something like this in my mailbox was just a call for joy! A friend who lives there just decided to send me one, coz he knows im a postcard nuts :)
I still havent sent myself a postcard from Skopje...though i probably will soon...since they raised the prices and i may buy some of those new stamps and stick one to my own cards and send it to myself...well, if i could do it from Montenegro, why not from here...even though it sounds to be totally retard...
what should you know about Kočani...its a town in eastern Macedonia, not very far from the border with Bulgaria...and i have never really been there...
Its called the city of rice, and ever since i was little, when my parents would go to the market to buy rice, they always preferred to buy the Kočani rice, due to its high-quality. Rice is among my very favourite kinds of food...though nowadays i prefer the brown rice, whicn unfortunately doesnt come from Kočani and which more unfortunately is hell more expensive...but i just have this thing when it comes to nutrition, that if i can i go for brown bread, brown rice, brown sugar...low-fat stuff (milk/butter/cheese) etc..but if you ever have a chance to try this Macedonian rice, do give it a go...


hmmm, something ive been talking about over and over again...the stamp issue in Macedonia...and that postal workers here dont really use stamps but these automated machine stamps....thats why i always end up prepared with stamps before sending something...well, ALWAYS when it comes to postcards, almost always when it comes to stuff sent in an envelope...coz if i dont, you will most probably receive a postcard with this sort of a stamp, and its not a fancy one, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment