Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cordoba, Spain

My first official from Spain! And first one from Cordoba!! :)

ES-21985

I have to say I LOVE this aerial view of Cordoba.

Cordoba, founded in ancient Roman times, is a city in Andalucia, southern Spain, and the capital of the province of Cordoba, located on the Guadalquivir river. It has been estimated that Cordoba, with up to 500,000 inhabitants in the tenth century, was the largest city in Western Europe and, perhaps, in the world.

Now, I have LOADS of trouble, trying to identify what's actually on the postcard, even though I tried to compare sites and pictures and some look really similar or so, but since from this angle of view its harder to make an exact comparison, in order to avoid writing some nonsense here and misidentifying something, I would like someone who is well acquainted with this place, to give me some help in here....POR FAVOR!! Gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment