Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rostock, Germany

I decided to start the "new" blog by showing my first two official postcrossing cards (and only ones so far....i dont like the ratio of 7 sent, 2 received and 1 travelling...but they say it evens out with time...though i still feel confused about some ways of the functioning of the whole system, but ok...thats not the issue now)

I got TWO first cards, (received them last Friday, 16th of May) so i cant say 'hey, this is my first official card'...I consider them both as first :)

One of them is a multi view of Rostock, which is my first card from this town, so its great :)

DE-159881

The name Rostock comes from Polabian "Roz toc", which literally means "to flow apart".
It is the largest city in the north German state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, and is located on the Warnow river. The city was founded in 1160 and has about 250.000 inhabitants. It lies directly on the coast of the Baltic Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment