Saturday, May 7, 2016

Josip Broz Tito

Three days ago, I wrote a post on my stamps' blog, commemorating Tito's death, and now since the day calls for it, here comes a post, commemorating his birth, since according to the data, he was born on 7 May, in 1892 or exactly 124 years ago...and for this post I have these two cards sent by my dear partner in crime (I could have sworn I have at least one more, but in all this mess, it remained not-found...well I guess I will have to keep it for some future Tito-related post.




Here you can see him with his wife, Jovanka Broz...well, one of his wives, since she was not the first one, but was the last one.
It is a public secret that he has not been the most faithful of men out there, but well, don't get me on the unfaithfulness issue in general, so who are we to judge him?
Sadly, Jovanka passed away too 2013 and even more sadly, it seemed that after Tito's death, she was like almost forgotten by the society and the Government and just anyone =/




One of my favourite Serbian stamps...cos it is a train of course :D Issued in 2009 in a set of two stamps, commemorating the 125th Anniversary of the Railroad in Serbia





This other card shows Tito playing tennis...often when I look at him on some pictures, he reminds me of my grand-father...esp the posture, but I don't know, maybe it is just some common appearance of the Yugoslavian men :)))
Here Tito is playing tennis in Belgrade on May 19, 1953, in the Užička street, where his residence was.





A great stamp issued in 2012, commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the ANC - African National Congress....so many commemorations withing one post...

Aнчи, хвала ти опет за супер изненађења, и надам се да си ми добро керида! 

No comments:

Post a Comment