Friday, March 18, 2016

Deauville, France

Next comes a card from the small town of Deauville in Normandy, France.




Well, I call it small cos its population is around 4000 people...but on the other hand Deauville is regarded as the "queen of the Norman beaches" and one of the most prestigious seaside resorts in all of France. And me, I haven't really heard of it until now...
Since the 19th century, Deauville has been a fashionable holiday resort for the international upper class and it is also a desirable family resort for the wealthy.

Heh, no wonder I haven't heard of it...it is just like the total opposite of the places I am/like going to :P




two nice stamps...and a stray sticker...I don't know how it ended up here...the sender has no idea who Madame Germaine is...but seems that some letter out there has been left without the sender's/recipient's address...and I cannot take it out since I'm just gonna damage the stamp...so I'd rather leave it as it is...as a souvenir...
As for the stamps...they come from a set of 12 stamps issued in 2015, showing Beautiful City Halls of France...the left one shows the City Hall in Châteaugiron, while the left one shows the City Hall in Créteil.

Thanks a lot to Roman for this nice swap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment