Friday, February 26, 2016

Liège-Guillemins, Belgium

a great surprise I received recently from a Dutch friend who has been kinda spoiling me :D





one of the things he sent me is this great card from Belgium, showing the Liège-Guillemins train station in the town of Liège...looks really cyberish!
It is one of the most important hubs in the country and is one of the 3 Belgian stations on the high-speed rail network, used by 15,000 people every day.

This new station was designed by Santiago Calatrava (heeey, this guy and I share a birthday!!!) and was officially opened on 18 September 2009 with a show by Franco Dragone. The new station is made of steel, glass and white concrete and includes a monumental arch, 160 metres long and 32 metres high. It has 9 tracks and 5 platforms.





a nice self-adhesive butterfly issued in 2012 in a set of two stamps.

Thanks a bunch Sietse! I actually like this whole trip you've taken ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment