Wednesday, February 17, 2016

La Digue, Seychelles

So after my Angolan yadda yadda yadda last time, here we are back to the good old posts, and no new countries...yeah, Seychelles is a sort of rare thing out there, but not my first one shown here, so I don't think it should be too much of a thorn in the flesh =)
(btw, in case I start with some evil-rambling, I'll blame it on this glass of Jägermeister next to me....the drink full of magic! Those who know me are well aware about my...well, I wouldn't call it an obsession, but it kinda borders with it =) Those unaware about this relationship, well, more Jäger stories in some future post, preferably with some Jägermeister card...so if anyone has a spare one, hit my mailbox with it please! :D

Ok ok, back to the dreamy-beach card....



Alvin sent me this card last year (actually a year ago) from his trip to the Seychelles (among the number of other awesome countries he visited *jealous*...and dont get me started on where he is headed in a week time.....*jealous jealous jealous*!)
Anyways, the card shows us a view of La Digue, which is the third largest inhabited island of the Seychelles in terms of population (sometimes I forget that there are also people LIVING in such places, it is not just all tourists). (The name of this white sandy beach is 'Anse Source d'Argen', one of the two that this island is famous for).
What I found really interesting is that until recently people were not allowed to own a car here, and even now the main means of transport are, guess what! Yep, bicycles!! And, very important, tourists are requested to ADAPT to this kind of lifestyle! Hah! I will be the perfect La Digue tourist!

The island was named after a ship in the fleet of French explorer Marc-Joseph Marion du Fresne, who visited the Seychelles in 1768.




beautiful stamps! beautiful! the one on the right shows a Parupeneus ciliatus - it is from a set of four Fish stamps issued in 2010.
The other one is from a set of 7 Flora and Fauna stamps issued in 2000.

Thank you thank you thank you Alvin!!

1 comment:

Gem from Airdrie said...

Hey Ana,
Love reading your blog these past few days again. Great to see you here so often.
Always look every day for a new update. Got your card from Andorra yesterday. Thanks .
Must be a lovely place to visit. Take care.

Post a Comment