Thursday, January 7, 2016

Mahan, Iran

The credits for this one go to another postcard fairy....Herbert and his surprising destinations =)

Sometimes when I receive these cards and I see the destinations you guys are travelling to....I find my own destinations from where I send you cards rather traditional...but then again, something is better than nothing...and for me, I just want to see the world as much as I can, and experience it from my own point of view... even though the side-effects of it are huge amounts of numbness and apathy once I come back home...but well, some sacrifices have to be made...



back to this card....here you can see the beautiful mausoleum of Shah Ne'Matollah-E Vali (a renowned Iranian mystic and poet) in Mahan, Iran.

Shah Nematollah Vali died in 1431 aged over 100. In 1436 a shrine was erected in his honor and became a pilgrimage site.
The mausoleum has a dome-shaped arch which is adorned with paintings and has two shells. This blue girih tiled dome contains stars with, from the top, 5, 7, 9, 12, 11, 9 and 10 points in turn. 11-point stars are rare in the geometric patterns of Islamic art.

Herbert says that Iran is the paradise of hospitality...I hope I'll get the chance to experience it myself one day :)




the stamp on the left was issued in 2014, where you have stamps (for some reason issued on different days), and each stamp shows a different letter of the Persian alphabet...if I got it right, this one shows Yodh, the tenth letter of the alphabet.
The other stamp says it is a customized one so no information on it, though i really wonder who this guy is...google gives me some information saying it is a stamp dedicated to student mobilization and mentions some name like Ghadir...but I dont know how much I should rely on this image search/google translate combination..

Big thanks to the CG a.k.a Herbert for this lovely surprise...as always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment