Monday, January 20, 2014

Vietnam Wall, USA

A cool official card I received last year..


US-2192908

The card shows the Vietnam Wall in Washington D.C., which extends down into the earth past the names of 50,000 Americans who died in Vietnam, then up again into the daylight. Student designer Maya Ying Lin, who won the design competition, explained her entry: "Take a knife and cut open the earth, and with time the grass will heal it." (from the back of the card)
Well, for me time doesnt really heal things...just makes the pain more bearable and easier to deal with...but that counts for something, doesn't it?

I sometimes wonder, at walls like this...is there someone who actually gets to read ALL of the names? from beginning till the end? 
Not me, that's for sure...I just take a brief glimpse, and read a few...and sometimes some names catch my attention...but I surely won't go and read all 50,000 of them!



3 great stamps and one cute sticker!
On the stamps you have George Washington from 2011, and two of the 5 cars' stamps issued in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment