Sunday, December 29, 2013

Georgian Dublin, Ireland

and one more card for today, from the beautiful Ireland.


I had this one in my favourites, and dear Claudia sent it to me recently.
Georgian Dublin is a phrase used in the History of Dublin that has two interwoven meanings,
 -to describe a historic period in the development of the city of Dublin, Ireland, from 1714 (the beginning of the reign of King George I of Great Britain and of Ireland) to the death in 1830 of King George IV. During this period, the reign of the four Georges, hence the word Georgian, covers a particular and unified style, derived from Palladian Architecture, which was used in erecting public and private buildings;
- to describe the modern day surviving buildings in Dublin erected in that period and which share that architectural style.

And I guess it is safe to conclude that the card refers to the latter meaning. So lovely!



that is one weird stamp...at first looks as those stickers they put at the P.O instead of a stamp due to the print...but I think it is one of those machine labels actually..not quite sure on this one honestly...

well, have a great Sunday everyone...hope you enjoyed your Christmas holidays and are getting ready for New Year's Eve. If I do not manage to squeeze another update before we bid farewell to 2013, I would like to wish you all a Happy Happy New Year, and I hope 2014 brings you peace of mind...and many postcards of course :)

And hope to see you more often next year =) Thank you for staying devoted!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment