Saturday, February 25, 2012

Patagonia, Argentina

last card for today was sent by dear Viviana...for a really long time I wanted a card related to Patagonia, so I was really really happy when I found this one in my mailbox last year!


I dont know why Patagonia fascinates me so much...but it might be the relation of glaciers in South America...to me it is pretty fascinating!

The card here shows the Perito Moreno Glacier, in the Los Glaciares National Park in the south west of the Santa Cruz province and is one of only three Patagonian glaciers that is growing.

Simply über-cool! Definitely a place i would LOVE to visit one day!



the top right stamp was issued in 2011 for the Year devoted to Decent Labour, Health and Safety for Workers. The other two were issued in 2010...the big, $5 one is from a set of 8 issued regarding the Football World in Cup South Africa 2010, while the smaller one at the right commemorates the national census.

thank you very much Viviana!

and thanks to all for reading :)

2 comments:

Bryon D said...

Beautiful card, looks very much like many parts of Alaska!

Maria said...

A postcard of a growing glacier! Wow!

Post a Comment